Useful Links

Are you aged 16 to 25?

Do you help and support an adult family member or friend who could not manage without this help?

We’d like to know what things support you in that role

If you feel you or someone you know are at risk of harm, please contact your local social services department immediately. You can find contact details here:

or call Childline free from any phone 24 hours a day on 0800 1111

The Children’s Society
0300 303 7000
01962 711511

How to get support

Advice and guidance for young carers and their families
01962 711511

Local young carers’ services
01962 711511

Carers Trust
0300 772 9600

How to get support

Visit if you are 16–25. You can connect with other young adult carers in an online space where you’ll be able to share your experiences, and get trusted support.
For email support contact

Advice on money and benefits, carer’s assessment, getting a break, health, wellbeing, working and learning and legal and rights
0300 772 9600

Local young carers’ centres

Find your local centre

For adult and child brothers and sisters of disabled children and adults

Cruse bereavement care support for children and young people
0808 808 1677

How to get support

Freephone helpline on 0808 808 1677

Find your local branch

Disability Rights UK
020 7250 8181

Disability Rights UK has a number of helplines providing information on a variety of issues.

Details are on the Disability Rights UK website at:
020 7250 8181


Call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, free from any phone on 116 123.

Or email

Find your local branch

Citizens Advice Bureau
03444 111 444

The Citizens Advice service helps people to resolve their problems, including debt, unemployment and housing.

Find your local bureau or telephone:
03444 111 444


Advice and support

Mind infoline 0300 123 3393
Text: 86463
Mind Legal Line 0300 466 6463

Find your local group

Young Minds

Organisation supporting children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing

Online information and where to get further support

NIHR | School for Social Care Research