We’d like you to send us an image of something or someone that you feel helps you in your role supporting family and friends.
This could be anything that helps you – we’re interested to see what this might be! It can be a painting, a photograph, a collage, a video, a drawing, or anything else as long as it’s a visual image.
How do I enter?
- First please read our competition rules (see below)
- Click on the ‘enter competition’ button to (a) submit your image online or (b) print an entry form to submit by post.
- If you would like the information in easy read please click here.
- Contact Nicola by email or telephone (020 7955 6376) if you have any questions or difficulties submitting your entry or would like to contact the project team at any point.
- The deadline is 6pm on 3 September 2017.
- Please remember that if you submit a photograph or video it is the responsibility of the photographer to get the consent of the person or people in it, and
- If they are under 16 you also need to get written consent from their parent or guardian, you can download a consent form here.
What are the prizes?
- First prize: £200 PC World/Currys voucher to spend on technology or electrical items
- Second prize: £150 PC World/Currys voucher to spend on technology or electrical item
- Third prize: Choice between (i) £100 Virgin Experience Days voucher to spend on a day out or (ii) a £100 book token.
- Winners will be notified by 9 September 2017.
What will happen to my image?
- Unless you request otherwise, all images will be on public display on our project website and will be used on project posters, presentations and reports. We will attribute your name to your image in all materials unless you don’t want us to.
- Before we put photos or videos with people in them on public display (website, reports etc) we will recheck to make sure everyone still gives consent for us to do so. Where we cannot check or if anyone does not agree, we will not put these photos or videos in the public domain but will still enter them in the competition.
- Your work must be original (that is, not copied from anyone else or anyone else’s work).
- The competition is open to anyone aged 16 to 25 who gives help and support to an adult family member or friend who could not manage without this help (sometimes called being a carer) either currently or in the past. Please only one entry per person.
- All entries shall become the property of the Personal Social Services Research Unit (PSSRU), LSE, who shall also be the owner of the copyright for use of the images or other media on the project website, and other project outputs such as posters, presentations and reports. We will attribute the image or media to you on all occasions unless you say otherwise.
- PSSRU, LSE cannot accept liability for loss or damage to any work submitted.
- The winners will be selected from all eligible entries received before the Competition entry deadline. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding that decision. We regret that we will be unable to return submitted images.